Metropolitan Memorial is an inclusive caring Christian community that invites others into a deepening relationship with God and challenges them to grow as disciples for the transformation of the world. We seek individuals interested in extending radical hospitality, transforming lives, and pursuing justice.
Metropolitan Memorial United Methodist Church is a three-campus Parish:
- The main campus at Metropolitan Memorial, on Nebraska Avenue, is a large, vital, urban congregation with members who come from the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia. It holds two Sunday worship services: a very traditional service with organ and choir and a blended, family-friendly service.
- Wesley is a dynamic multi-cultural, multi-ethnic congregation on Connecticut Avenue with a jazz ensemble and a vibrant gospel choir.
- Crossroads at St. Luke’s Mission Center on Wisconsin Avenue attracts primarily young adults interested in worshipping and being in community in a smaller congregational setting. It has a contemporary, emergent service on Sunday night with a band of guitars, keyboards, and drums.
We celebrate the diversity of our three campuses and operate as a unified Parish entity in activities across worship, study, service, caring and outreach. The Parish has a passion for excellence in deep and diverse study of faith issues in worship; for service ministries in our city, our nation and across the world; and in operating homeless shelters at two of our campuses. Metropolitan is an equal opportunity employer.
- Director of Christian Education (Full-Time) - To apply for this position, please send cover letter and resume to Helen Simon.
- Graphic Designer (Volunteer position) - The Arts Council seeks a volunteer graphic designer to prepare materials for the three exhibits mounted each year. The major component of this job is designing the program that accompanies the opening of a new exhibit. The other parts of the art exhibits needed are labels, price list, invitations (electronic) which can become a flyer to advertise the exhibit. Please apply to Marilu Wood, or Carol Schleicher.